gas fireplaces | gas inserts | gas log sets
Achieve the look and feel of woodburning but with the ease, efficiency, and convenience of gas-burning appliances.
Do you have an existing masonry fireplace you’re looking to convert to gas? Are you building a new addition and want to include a gas fireplace framed into the wall? Or do you simply want to place a gas log set in a woodburning fireplace? Minnesota Chimney tackles it all.
Our preferred vendors for gas-burning appliances are Majestic, Osburn, and Valor.
Gas fireplaces are framed into a wall and do not require an existing masonry firebox, so the options are limitless.
- No size constraints, because they don’t slide into an existing firebox.
- Array of options available, including linear, see-through, and multi-sided.
- Varied finishing possibilities, including brick, stone, tile, drywall, etc.
- Model shown is the Majestic Meridian series.
Gas fireplace inserts
Gas fireplace inserts are “inserted” into an existing open-masonry fireplace to convert a woodburning fireplace into gas burning. Their size is limited to that of the existing firebox.
- Convenience and ease at the flick of a switch.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- More efficient than open-masonry fireplaces.
- Model shown is the Valor Portrait series.
Gas log sets
Gas log sets are often placed in open-masonry woodburning fireplaces. They have limited heat output and are mostly decorative. Upon installation the fireplace damper must be locked in the open position with a damper clamp to prevent harmful gases from backing up into the home. Some benefits:
- Little to no maintenance required, quick and easy to light.
- Firebox is kept open—no glass doors.
- Available in hundreds of options for a look that suits any style.
- A realistic looking flame provides beautiful ambiance.
Let Us Build A Hearth Worthy Of Your Home
Reach Out For A Free Estimate + Consult